Deputy Store Manager
Title: Deputy Store Manager
Location: Orpington, Bromley, Guildford, Gatwick, Farnborough, Tunbridge Wells, Cockfosters, Hatfield, Walton-on-Thames, Oxford, Brighton, Newmarket, Stansted, Slough. Rickmansworth, Sutton, Ely, Cambridge & Ashford
Salary Details: Up to £18,000
As the Deputy Store Manager for this fantastic blue chip retailer, you will work as a key manager within a business with annual turnovers ranging from £1m - £5m.
Deputising for the Retail Store Manager, your role will be to confidently and positively assisting in the leading of the store.
You will have a genuine passion for retail and customer service, and will be able to turn any negative into a positive, ensuring that all of your customers leave the store wanting to come back and shop with you again!
Working as part of the Management Team in this fast paced environment, you will come from a background with a strong service led culture, with experience in hospitality, retail or leisure, and will be looking to bring this level of memorable service to your store. You will be a friendly and enthusiastic individual, who will help to confidently motivate the team, and maintain the excellent standards set throughout the store.
We are looking for people with flair, confidence and passion to make a positive impact on one of our client`s many stores.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience at a Deputy Store Management level, and will be confident assisting the Store Manager as required. They will immerse themselves in a culture of service, putting the customer at the heart of every decision.
With excellent team work skills and a flair for fantastic service, the ideal Deputy Store Manager will be:
- Extremely customer focused
- Able to take ownership and make things happen fast
- Able to plan and prioritise, ensuring that each weekly workload is completed
- Logical, passionate and determined in their approach within the store
- Good with people, with excellent managerial skills
- Passionate about improving the customer journey
- Able to motivate your retail store team positively and confidently
- Used to working within a volume retail environment
- Dedicated to excellence in customer service
- Committed to retail operational excellence
- Genuinely driven to achieve results
- Passionate about setting and achieving exceptional retail store standards
- Able to confidently solve problems and make decisions
- Experienced, with planning and time management skills
- A strong communicator
Our client are looking for people that aren`t shy of a little small talk, and can help to create an unforgettable customer experience, the type that keeps your store high up on the leaderboard of mystery shop results.
Minimum Requirements for this role are:
- To be 18 or over
- Legally entitled to work and be resident of the UK (If you require a Visa then it will have at least 12 months to run)
Must have a full driving licnece and a car
- Help to develop a culture within the store that ensures the customer is at the heart of every decision
- Provide cover to the management team where required
- Take a lead role in the store, with the main focus on bringing all elements together to ensure the smooth running of the store
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times
- Maximise product availability, optimising the stock management and replenishment process
- Assist with the training and coaching for all new and exciting store staff, as identified within their Personal Development Plans
- Complete all store administration as required
- Implement and execute all in store promotions
Our client is one of the most successful blue chip retail companies in the UK and a recognised for their choice, value and convenience. Following their incredibly successful partnership with a market leading food retailer, our client now have over 600 stores throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland with an expansion plan that will see them opening another 30 - 40 stores. They are a market leader in their field and are focused on and committed to driving the impressive growth they have achieved to date by investing in their employees. They have a strong commitment to training and developing their staff, including Vocational Qualifications, and where possible seek to promote from within and offer fantastic opportunities for future progression allowing individuals to forge successful careers.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalized recruitment service of the highest quality.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Orpington, Bromley, Guildford, Gatwick, Farnborough, Tunbridge Wells, Cockfosters, Hatfield, Walton-on-Thames, Oxford, Brighton, Newmarket, Stansted, Slough, Rickmansworth, Sutton, Ely, Cambridge, Ashford
Salary : £16000 to £18000
Date Advertised : 02 Jun 2014
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.